Bollywood

Karan Johar reveals the reason for quitting twitter; says, “I’m not going back on this platform for anything” : Bollywood News

[ad_1]

Filmmaker Karan Johar has opened up about his determination to depart from the social media platform Twitter, now known as X. Johar, who left Twitter in October of the earlier 12 months, initially cited his need to make room for extra constructive energies as the reason for his departure. However, in a latest interview, he candidly shared the true motivation behind his exit: the hurtful and abusive messages focusing on his kids, Yash and Roohi.

Karan Johar reveals the reason for quitting twitter; says, “I’m not going back on this platform for anything”

Speaking to Mid-Day, Karan Johar acknowledged that he was prepared to miss abusive feedback directed at himself and even derogatory remarks regarding his mom. Yet, he drew the line when it got here to his kids being dragged into on-line vitriol. When he made the determination to go away Twitter, his twins, Yash and Roohi, had been simply 5 years previous. Johar defined, “That (quitting Twitter) was an instinctive decision I made when I started reading abuse to my children. When that happened… this is the lowest you could get. Abuse me, say what you want. They also abused my mother. My mother is still an older person. My children were five at that time, when I took the decision. Now, I’m not going back on this platform for anything. Of course, my company is on it. I realise the importance of Twitter. But I don’t want to be on this platform. I don’t want to read anything about my children. That breaks my heart not only as a parent, but also as a human being.”

Karan Johar clarified that his exit from Twitter was unrelated to allegations of nepotism, which have been a subject of dialogue in the trade. He emphasised that he has not stopped working with people from the trade and that he continues to collaborate with skills like Alia Bhatt. The determination, in response to him, solely revolved round defending his kids from on-line harassment. “It’s not that I’ve stopped casting people from the industry. Or I’ve isolated myself from the sheer wonderful-ness of Alia Bhatt. I have not listened to anyone. I’ve just left a platform. That had nothing to do with the things I was saying. It was about my kids. I couldn’t read that. Whoever is a parent would know that is something you wouldn’t take. You’d take anything, but anything against your child, you can’t take. And I don’t know who to fight, right? They’re nameless, faceless people. I’d rather just exit,” Karan Johar asserted.

Speaking of his work commitments, Karan Johar not too long ago returned to path after seven years with Rocky Aur Rani Kii Prem Kahaani, starring Ranveer Singh and Alia Bhatt. The movie is said as a field workplace success with it additionally garnering immense love for its portrayal of some unconventional topics. Furthermore, it additionally options veteran stars like Jaya Bachchan, Dharmendra, and Shabana Azmi in lead roles, together with different actors like Kshitee Jog, Anjal Anand, Aamir Bashir, Churni Ganguly, Tota Roy Chowdhury, amongst others in pivotal roles. The movie launched on July 28.

Also Read: Karan Johar reveals that Alia Bhatt’s saree-clad character in Rocky Aur Rani Kii Prem Kahaani was derived from real-life journalist Poonam Saxena

BOLLYWOOD NEWS – LIVE UPDATES

Catch us for newest Bollywood News, New Bollywood Movies replace, Box office collection, New Movies Release , Bollywood News Hindi, Entertainment News, Bollywood Live News Today & Upcoming Movies 2023 and keep up to date with newest hindi films solely on Bollywood Hungama.

[ad_2]

Source link

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top button